Today, we explain to Ben how to begin reading comics – which has the side effect of showcasing Chris and Nicole’s comic book reader profiling skills.
We also premiere a new-ish segment called “Rapid Fire For All,” a modified version of “Rapid Fire,” where Ben gives questions to each panelist and they have to answer the best they can. The questions include:
1. You are the first contact of an alien race that is visiting Earth. Which comic do you give them as an offering of peace?
2. What comic would you like to see drawn in another artist’s style?
3. Have you ever thrown a comic across the room? (Also, Ben might have misspoke and said “Groundhog Day” when he meant “Memento.”)
4. What would be the coolest crossover that has not happened – either not yet or will ever? [The above pic for this episode is from a Transformers/JLA crossover that never got off the ground. Don’t mention it to Chris, it will just make him sad.]
5. Can you recommend any good Western comics?
Books we recommend/review:
Cole recommends the Lansdale & Truman Lone Ranger & Tonto comics originally published by Topps
Chris recommends the Palmiotti & Gray runs of Jonah Hex
As well as Jodorowsky’s Bouncer
Nicole reviews Limbo #1
Chris talks about the various Darkseid War one-shots
Cole reviews October Faction
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfect Bound: http://www.benjaminlaurance.com/perfect-bound-podcast/
The Panel Jumper: http://www.thepaneljumper.com